Osman, who is best known to many TV viewers as the long-time host of teatime gameshow Pointless shared the news on his Twitter account along with a picture from the big day.
The social media post was captioned: “The most magical day on Saturday with my beautiful wife @ingrid_oliver. Surrounded by wonderful friends and family, a day full of love and laughter. We’re so, so happy”.
The pair met on the set of Osman’s BBC series House of Games on which Ingrid Oliver was appearing as a guest.
- Love Doctor Who? Get all the latest Doctor Who news and views from Screen OD
- Looking for some entertainment? Have you tried our general knowledge quiz questions and answers yet? Or browse all the Screen OD quizzes.
- Want to supercharge your streaming? Take a look at our guide to Netflix secret codes for TV and movie fans
- Love TV and movies? Try Screen OD on YouTube...
She tweeted last year when she appeared on Champion of Champions saying: “Last time I was on the show, I won a fiance.”
Ingrid Oliver played the character of Petronella Osgood in the BBC science fiction show Doctor Who between 2013 and 2015 and she was also involved in the 50th-anniversary multi-Doctor special The Day Of The Doctor in 2013. Osgood worked for UNIT in Doctor Who and had been a scientific advisor to Kate Stewart.
She is also one half of the comedy duo Watson and Oliver.
In April of this year Richard Osman announced he would be stepping down from hosting Pointless on the BBC, a job he’d done for 13 years.
In recent years he has seen huge success as an author with his first book The Thursday Murder Club becoming a bestseller after its release in 2020 and the movie rights being acquired by Steven Spielberg.
- Have you tried Screen OD on YouTube yet?