At last, Strictly Come Dancing 2022 is in full swing and we have now seen every celebrity perform as part of the epic opening Saturday night show last week.
But things are about to get serious for the professionals and their celebrity partners because the pleasantries and fun are over – and someone has to go home this week! Yes, that’s right, one of our celebrities will get the rather unpleasant honour of being the first person to leave the show – not a placement that comes with a glitter ball trophy.
On week one of Strictly we saw some fabulous scores from the dancers, most notably Hamza Yassin and Jowita Przystal and Will Mellor and Nancy Xu who both scored 34 points in their first dances. Currently former footballer Tony Adams and his partner Katya Jones are bottom of the pile with just 15 points.
The song and dance choices for the week two show are:
- Ellie Taylor and Johannes Radebe – Paso Doble, ‘Les Toreadors’ (Georges Bizet)
- Kym Marsh and Graziano Di Prima – Viennese Waltz, ‘Runaway’ (The Corrs)
- Matt Goss and Nadiya Bychkova – Samba, ‘Night Fever’ (Bee Gees)
- Tony Adams and Katya Jones – Charleston, ‘My Old Man’s A Dustman’ (Foster & Allen)
- Richie Anderson and Giovanni Pernice – Quickstep, ‘Dancin’ Fool’ (Barry Manilow)
- Hamza Yassin and Jowita Przystal – Jive, ‘Blinding Lights’ (The Weeknd)
- Helen Skelton and Gorka Márquez – Cha Cha, ‘Rain On Me’ (Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande)
- Jayde Adams and Karen Hauer – Tango, ‘Rumour Has It’ (Adele)
- Will Mellor and Nancy Xu – Salsa, ‘Never Too Much’ (Luther Vandross)
- Tyler West and Dianne Buswell – Jive, ‘Hit The Road Jack’ (Buster Poindexter)
- Molly Rainford and Carlos Gu – Quickstep, ‘Love On Top’ (Beyoncé)
- Ellie Simmonds and Nikita Kuzmin – Waltz, ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ (Elvis Presley)
- Fleur East and Vito Coppola – Viennese Waltz, ‘Glimpse Of Us’ (Joji)
- Kaye Adams and Kai Widdrington – Charleston, ‘Music! Music! Music!’ (Dorothy Provine)
- James Bye and Amy Dowden – Tango, ‘Bad Habits’ (Ed Sheeran)
Here’s a sneak peak at the action to come:
Strictly Come Dancing will continue on BBC One at 6.30pm on Saturday 1st October.